Key research themes include:
- Improving our understanding and prediction of processes that contribute to hazardous events now and in the future
- Identify flood and erosion risk management solutions that incorporate natural habitat to sustain healthy coastal ecosystems
- Assessing the capacity of social and ecological systems to respond and recover to coastal hazards in a changing climate
- Reduce uncertainty and provide new insights to inform strategic coastal management that ‘builds with nature’
- Rising sea level, changing climate and increasing human development demands coastal communities can rebound after hazardous impacts.
- Natural processes continuously change our coastlines. Human interactions add to the complexity of coastal systems.
- To achieve coastal resilience we must be prepared for extreme events and adapt to the changing conditions over the coming centuries.
View the latest ARCoES films here