Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
- The ‘Research in Verse’ poetry competition is open to all current staff and postgraduate research students of the University of Liverpool.
- The competition will close at 23:59 on Monday 7th June 2021. Submissions received after this date will not be considered.
- Submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org unless otherwise agreed in writing by the competition organisers.
- The maximum poem length is 40 lines. If any poems exceed this length then only the first 40 lines will be considered. There is no minimum poem length.
- Submissions must be written in English.
- Submissions must be entirely the work of the competition entrant.
- Submissions will be judged by Prof Greg Lynall, Prof Deryn Rees-Jones, Dr Sam Illingworth, Dr Sam Solnick & Dr Andrew Holmes.
- Members of the judging panel are not eligible to enter the competition.
- All submissions will be anonymised before being made available to the judging panel.
- Only one submission is permitted per entrant.
- The prizes are as described on the competition webpage.
- All runners up and any other submissions which the judging panel deem of interest will be hosted online.
- Authors will retain the copyright of their work but agree to grant the University of Liverpool perpetual, non-exclusive licence to publish the work in all formats.
- For all questions about the poetry competition please contact email@example.com