Advice and guidance
We provide a wide range of services, including storage, retrieval and disposal of records held in the Records Centre, an advisory service, and facilitation of project work.
We help departments with any aspect of records or information management, including:
- The creation of appropriate filing systems
- Advice and practical support on all areas of records management, including version control and duplication
- The best way to follow relevant policies
Guidance notes are available to help with specific areas of records management, and training is provided to support you with meeting the University's policies which relate to the efficient management of records to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Assistance with projects
“Departments can request help from students on the Master of Archives and Records Management (MARM) course based in the Department of History. Once a year (usually in March or April), students embark on a project week, supported by their lecturers and Records Management staff, which involves visits to University departments to advise on their record-keeping. This can be a useful starting point for addressing a specific recordkeeping challenge facing your area, or for making general improvements with ongoing support from Records Management. If you are interested in taking part then please get in touch with the course contact Victoria Stobo at Victoria.Stobo@liverpool.ac.uk
The University Staff Development programme also periodically offers courses relating to office management. Further details are available from the Staff Training and Development Programme webpage.
Records Liaison Officers
We are currently developing a system whereby each work area of the University will have a Records Liaison Officer. The main responsibilities of a Records Liaison Officer are:
- Maintain and promote/enhance best practice in records and information management for their Faculty/ Institute/ School/ Professional Services area
- Act as a central point of contact for colleagues to access Records Management services
- Maintain and develop knowledge of records management and institutional requirements in this area
We are working to put the list of RLOs onto TULIP so that you will be able to search for the RLO for your area and their contact details through TULIP. Please contact us if you would like to appoint a Records Liaison Officer for your area.