FREE Easter Planning and Design Workshops
Are you aged 14-18 and interested in design? Do you work with young people interested in how places are designed? We’re currently recruiting 50 budding designers for our FREE Easter School sponsored by University of Liverpool School of Environmental Sciences.
After our highly successful Easter School last year we’re thrilled to be working with University of Liverpool again to deliver our second programme running 10th – 13th April. Taking place in Liverpool, the programme will give participants a unique insight into the wide range of courses and careers in urban design and planning, a sector very much in demand.
The fun, hands-on programme will cover topics including site analysis, designing for communities, regeneration, masterplanning and design skills. Participants will develop skills and gain an invaluable experience to include on CVs and university applications.
The programme will be run by our fantastic Ambassadors who work in the built environment, and university students, giving a unique opportunity to find out what studying and working in the sector is really like.
If you are interested in design, geography, communities and cities this is a great opportunity to learn about career paths, develop skills, boost your CV whilst having fun. Our holiday programmes are very popular, with feedback from last year including:
- Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to take part in this workshop. It has inspired me to consider planning as a future career
- I really enjoyed the workshop, made new friends and learned so much. I hope you have more workshops like this in the future
- I enjoyed modelling buildings and streets whilst considering the impact on people, meeting new people and debating our ideas and opinions
- It has broadened my communication skills and opened me up to new opportunities.
Conditions and how to apply
- The Easter School is completely FREE to attend. Participants need to pay for their own travel and lunch
- The Easter School require no school representatives
- The programme is being delivered in University of Liverpool in Liverpool city centre and is open to young people from across the region
- Places will be allocated based on the submission of an application form that can be downloaded here Easter School 2017 University of Liverpool Please send the completed form to email@example.com to apply
- Places are strictly limited to 50 participants.
- Participants are expected to commit to all four days of the course
- Deadline for applications is 10th March 2017
- The programme is not residential.
- The days run from 9.30-4pm Monday to Wednesday. The Thursday session will finish at the later time of 7.30pm. This is to allow parents to attend a presentation evening from 6pm, see the work produced and ask the University staff and the PLACED team questions they may have.
If you have any questions please email Jo Harrop on firstname.lastname@example.org