In light of the current global health situation, the 17th IGEL conference has been postponed. We are delighted to let you know that this conference will now take place 23-26 June 2021 at the University of Liverpool (including the same keynote speakers).
- We kindly request that delegates whose proposals were accepted in March 2020 hold these dates. Further details will be available in Autumn 2020, when conference registration will open.
- We encourage those who wish to propose presentations for 2021 that were not among those accepted in March 2020 to watch for a new call for presentation proposals in Autumn 2020.
- The pre-conference training school (on sentiment analysis) will be held on 21-22 June 2021, also at the University of Liverpool. Again, we ask colleagues who signed up for the training school this year to hold these dates, and await further information in Autumn 2020.
The conference committee would like to thank everyone for their interest and contributions to date. This promises to be an exciting conference when it happens! We will keep these pages updated as plans for the conference become available.
The IGEL 2021 Team.
- Naomi S. Baron, American University, Washington, DC, USA
- David Hanauer, Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
- Roel Willems, Radboud University, Nijmegen, Netherlands.
- Eugen Wassiliwizky, Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics, Frankfurt am Main
There will also be a training school, 29-30 June on Computational Methods.
Call for Papers
The International Society for the Empirical Study of Literature (IGEL) invites submissions to the 2020 biennial conference across all areas of the empirical study of literature and media, including but not limited to, cognitive processing of literature, literature/media and culture, neuroscience and literature, literary reception, reading and emotion, historical study of literature, and corpus analysis of literature.
EXTENDED DEADLINE 10 FEB 2020
Because IGEL membership costs are modest, membership is required to register for the 2020 IGEL Conference, for the 2020 IGEL Training School, or for both.
To begin, please choose which of the following applies to you:
- I am currently a paid IGEL member for 2020, 2019-2020, or 2020-2021
- I am not currently a paid IGEL member but I am joining the IGEL membership now.
In the case of a. please register for the conference HERE.
In the case of b. please join the IGEL membership HERE.
Once you have joined the IGEL membership, please register for the conference HERE.
NB.In unusual circumstances, non-members who do not choose to become IGEL members may nonetheless wish to attend the Training School. Provided that the Training School is not subscribed to capacity, this option will be considered. To be considered for this option, please contact Moniek Kuijpers, the coordinator of IGEL Training Schools.
If you choose not to stay on campus accommodation please see our list of Recommended Hotels for further options.
Things to do in Liverpool
While you're here why not soak up what the city of Liverpool has to offer? Go to VisitLiverpool.com for an introduction to the city.
Back to: Department of English