- Naomi S. Baron, American University, Washington, DC, USA
- David Hanauer, Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
- Roel Willems, Radboud University, Nijmegen, Netherlands.
- Eugen Wassiliwizky, Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics, Frankfurt am Main
There will also be a training school, 29-30 June on Computational Methods.
Call for Papers
The International Society for the Empirical Study of Literature (IGEL) invites submissions to the 2020 biennial conference across all areas of the empirical study of literature and media, including but not limited to, cognitive processing of literature, literature/media and culture, neuroscience and literature, literary reception, reading and emotion, historical study of literature, and corpus analysis of literature.
EXTENDED DEADLINE 10 FEB 2020
Because IGEL membership costs are modest, membership is required to register for the 2020 IGEL Conference, for the 2020 IGEL Training School, or for both.
To begin, please choose which of the following applies to you:
- I am currently a paid IGEL member for 2020, 2019-2020, or 2020-2021
- I am not currently a paid IGEL member but I am joining the IGEL membership now.
In the case of a. please register for the conference HERE.
In the case of b. please join the IGEL membership HERE.
Once you have joined the IGEL membership, please register for the conference HERE.
NB.In unusual circumstances, non-members who do not choose to become IGEL members may nonetheless wish to attend the Training School. Provided that the Training School is not subscribed to capacity, this option will be considered. To be considered for this option, please contact Moniek Kuijpers, the coordinator of IGEL Training Schools.
If you choose not to stay on campus accommodation please see our list of Recommended Hotels for further options.
Things to do in Liverpool
While you're here why not soak up what the city of Liverpool has to offer? Go to VisitLiverpool.com for an introduction to the city.