There are several options to help you share files or folders with others.
- If you require a shared respository for your team, use Microsoft Teams, SharePoint or a departmental drive.
- If you are working on a document and want to share something in an ad-hoc maner, you can share an individual file or folder on OneDrive.
- To share files on your M: drive with other members of the University, use MyDrives.
MyDrives for sharing your M: drive
MyDrives allows you to grant permissions to share files or folders on your M drive or departmental drive with University users.
Use MyDrives to assign permissions to specific people, or to remove permissions. Individuals will only be able to access the specific files or folders you share with them.
- How to share a file or folder on your M: drive using MyDrives
- How to access a shared M: drive file/folder to which you have been granted access
SharePoint is a user-friendly, secure shared workspace that is fully integrated with Microsoft Office and makes collaborative working with staff, postgraduate research students, and colleagues external to the University simpler and more efficient.
SharePoint sites are often created as support pages for internal use or as departmental intranet sites.