No recourse to public funds

Those holding a UK visa will usually have a condition called 'No recourse to public funds'. This means you can not access public funds given by the UK authorities.

This includes welfare benefits and local authority housing. However, using the National Health Service, sending your child to a state school and being exempt from council tax do not count as accessing public funds. 

For further details regarding public funds please see the UK Council for International Student Affairs website

Speak to a International Advice and Guidance advisor

If you are unable to find an answer to your query on our web pages email or book an online confidential one-one appointment.