'Living with and Understanding...' Workshops
As part of the ‘Improving Student Mental Health through Partnerships Project’, we will be delivering a series of workshops designed to promote improved knowledge and awareness of a range of mental health issues. Aimed at both those with lived experiences of the conditions covered and at those who wish to gain more of an understanding and insight.
Workshops, hosted by the Clinical Innovation Lead of the ’Improving Student Mental Health’ project, with guest lecture segments from experts within Mersey Care Trust, typically place on the second Wednesday of every month.
Delivered via Zoom Webinar, all workshops will include interactive polls and Q&A sessions.
Please explore the programme below and book your places using the links in each section.
Wednesday 10 March 2021, 18:00 - 20:00
The workshop will be co-produced in partnership with the Mersey Care Suicide Prevention Team. It will be an opportunity to hear about solutions and paths to start to raise awareness for the devastating impact suicide has on families, and society. Some examples of discussion areas include:
• Discussion on how to recognise when someone may be suffering
• How to encourage people to seek support
• How to guide them to the correct support
• Most importantly, how to offer hope
Wednesday 14 April 2021, 18:00 - 20:00
This workshop will be a fantastic opportunity to hear from a specialist in the field of ADHD; Dr Helen Pears. Some examples of discussion areas include:
• Discussion on ADHD’s impact on high-functioning people
• ADHD’s consequences on relationships
• How ADHD can affect education and employment
• Treatment of ADHD
Wednesday 12 May 2021, 18:00 - 20:00
This session is a fantastic opportunity to hear from an expert, Dr Declan Hyland, on a deep dive into Depression and Bipolar Disorder, and how they affect day to day life of people suffering with the conditions. It will include:
• Discussion on the prevalence of the conditions
• Early treatment opportunity and outcomes
• Exploring signs and symptoms of both conditions
• Understanding the psychosocial effects of the conditions
Wednesday 9 June 2021, 18:00 - 20:00
More information coming soon.
Please view our 2021 Workshop Brochure for further detail.
To see what we've been up to, please visit past events.