- Senior Lecturer in Neurology
- MA VetMB DipECVN MRCVS RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Neurology and EBVS® European Specialist in Veterinary Neurology
Gemma qualified as a veterinary surgeon from the University of Cambridge in 2005, having also completed an intercalated degree in neurophysiology. Following graduation she moved to the Royal Veterinary College to undertake a general rotating internship followed by specialist clinical training in Veterinary Neurology and Neurosurgery. In 2009 she passed the diploma examination of the European College of Veterinary Neurology. During her residency she developed an interest in neuromuscular diseases and afterwards joined the Comparative Neuromuscular Diseases Laboratory at the Royal Veterinary College to commence a PhD project researching centronuclear myopathy in dogs. Gemma started at the University of Liverpool in 2013 and is a Lecturer in Veterinary Neurology.
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Veterinary neurology and neurosurgery
- Veterinary student and resident teaching in veterinary neurology and neurosurgery
- Canine centronuclear myopathy
- Inherited neuromuscular diseases