Who we are
LivWiSE (Liverpool Women in Science & Engineering) is a initiative by the Faculty of Science and Engineering and Faculty of Health and Life Sciences at the University of Liverpool. We work closely with the University of Liverpool Athena Swan and the Equality and Diversity Networks.
LivWiSE has been created to raise the profile and interaction between women in Engineering and Science and we provide events, opportunities for networking and mentoring; and provide a forum for members to exchange experiences, ideas and contacts.
Members of LivWiSE range in age and experience, from students and academics to alumni and business people who are involved in any aspect of engineering, science or technology. Membership is open to both women and men who are involved in any aspect of engineering, science or technology. We also welcome corporate members.
The LivWiSE Steering Group (2021/22) are:
- Lisa Barker (Co-Chair) - Marketing Manager for the Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Darren Mooney (Co-Chair) - Diversity & Equality Officer in Human Resources
- Dr Jeffrey Ray - School of Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Computer Science
- Dr Jelena Milisavljevic Syed - School of Engineering
- Dr Eva Vilella-Figueras - School of Physcial Sciences
- Aurora Gutierrez-Sosa - University of Liverpool Maths School
The steering group aims to:
- Establish a calendar of events to include lectures and networking opportunities.
- Identify and promote personal and career development opportunities.
- Improve the recruitment and retention of women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths).
- Produce a website for online promotion.
- Promote, publicise and celebrate all successes of Women in Engineering and Science (past and present).
- Act as ambassadors for LivWiSE, to raise its profile, publicise its work and develop links and relationships with other STEM networks to exchange ideas and develop opportunities
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org