Email forwarding is used to redirect your email to another account.
You can choose to forward your University account to another account if that helps you to keep up-to-date.
- You can only forward to ONE email address from your active University email account
- More than one University email account cannot forward to the same external email address. For example: You cannot forward emails from two different University accounts to the same Hotmail address
- If you are forwarding to another University account then you will need to enter the address in the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Forwarding is only possible with active University email accounts
Set up email forwarding
The process to set up email forwarding is different if your email has been moved to the Microsoft Exchange Online cloud service. All undergraduate students have been moved to the cloud. Postgraduate students and staff have not migrated yet.
Undergraduate students - how to set up email forwarding:
- Log in to Outlook on the Web.
- At the top, right of the page, click the Settings cog then scroll down and choose View all Outlook settings.
- Select Email > Forwarding.
- Tick the check box to Enable forwarding and enter the forwarding email address.
- Select the option to Keep a copy of forwarded messages if you want a copy of the original message to remain in your mailbox.
- Click Save.
Staff and Postgraduate students - how to set up email forwarding:
- Visit Your Computing Account website where you can manage your account.
- Select Manage Mail Forwarding from the left hand menu.
- Click on Enable Mail Forwarding.
- Enter the email address you want to forward your emails to, select whether you want a copy to be kept in your inbox and click Enable Mail Forwarding.