This section covers refunds for tuition fees, accommodation fees, and other associated fees
How to request a refund
To request a refund, please send an email to email@example.com.
The email must include
- Your name
- University of Liverpool student ID number
- The reason for requesting the refund.
If you made the original payment in cash, by cheque, or by bank transfer, please complete the Refund form PDF and include a copy of your original proof of payment
How long will it take to receive my refund?
All refund requests are subject to further investigation, and the Refunds team may contact you for further details or documentation. Once the Refunds team has received all relevant information, they will aim to process your refund within 14 days.
Refunds are processed on a weekly basis. Once your refund has been processed, how quickly you receive it will depend on the method of refund payment. Certain payment methods are quicker than others, so as a general guide, once we have processed your refund, you can expect to receive it:
- Within 5 working days by credit/debit card
- Within 2-4 weeks by UK bank transfer (BACS)
- Within 2-6 weeks by international bank transfer.
How will my refund be paid?
It is University policy to process refunds back to the person who made the original payment, and via the same method of payment. So, for example, if you request a refund of fees that were originally paid by credit card, the refund will be processed back to the same card.
- If you paid by credit/debit card, you do not need to provide any card details.
- If you made the original payment via an international bank transfer, UK banking regulations oblige the University of Liverpool to return the funds to the originating bank account overseas. Please be aware that this process can take several weeks from start to finish.