Welcome to Facilities, Residential and Commercial Services
Facilities, Residential and Commercial Services (FRCS) contains 5 reporting areas, Business Development (including Ness Botanic Gardens), Capital Projects & Estates Strategy, Estates Management, Residential & Commercial Services and Sport.
Overall FRCS employs over 15% of the University workforce, accounts for about 10% of the total turnover (excluding capital expenditure) and delivers a wide range of key support services.
The FRCS Vision
We will play a key role in enhancing University of Liverpool life by delivering a professional and high quality service to all our community.
FRCS expects all staff to work to the values expressed in Our Strategy 2026:
- Principle 1: We will put ethics and integrity at the heart of our decision-making
- Principle 2: We will work in partnership with our students to ensure their interests and aspirations inform our activities
- Principle 3: We will deploy our resources creatively and with care, to maximise our positive impact locally, nationally and internationally
- Principle 4: We will develop a staff framework that sets out clearly the employment offer and expectations for all our employees
- Principle 5: We will work in partnership with our collaborators to ensure their interests and aspirations inform our activities
Strategies and plans
FRCS develops and delivers plans to achieve the overarching aims of the University via its various divisions:
- Capital Planning & Estates Strategy – Property management, development and master planning
- Estates Management – Maintenance, security, car parking and sustainability
- Ness Botanic Gardens – Business development, garden & collection management and visitor experience
- Residential & Commercial Services – Accommodation, building management, cleaning, hospitality & events
- Sport – Sport and recreation management, wellbeing