Professor Peter Clegg
- Professor of Equine Orthopaedics
- MA VetMB PhD CertES DipEVCS MRCVS
- 0151 794 6041
Peter qualified from the University of Cambridge in 1987 and spent four years working in equine practice. He then completed a Residency in Equine Surgery at the Royal Veterinary College in 1994 obtaining the RCVS Certificate in Equine Orthopaedics during this time. Between 1994 -1997 he undertook research at the University of Liverpool in the field of equine osteoarthritis for which he was awarded a PhD in 1997. Peter has worked at the University of Liverpool since 1997 as Lecturer and Senior Lecturer and subsequently was appointed as Chair in Equine Orthopaedics in 2005. In 2003, he was awarded a Wellcome Trust Research Leave Fellowship to undertake research into cartilage repair in conjunction with the University of Manchester. Peter is a Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Surgeons and a RCVS Specialist in Equine Surgery.
He performs veterinary duties at Chatsworth Three day event and has recently become the owner of a Welsh Cob for the family to ride.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) - assists the running and development of the MRI unit.
- Orthopaeid surgery
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching of equine orthopaedics
- Cartilage and bone physiology and pathology
- Tendon injuries
- Epidemiology of orthopaedic injuries