What do you need to know

What you need to know

Once you are a registered student of the University a whole world of resources and support opens up to you.

Key to using many of these resources is your student number. You will find this on the letter which confirmed your place on your chosen course or, if you enrolled on line, in  an automated email sent to you a few days after your initial payment and course place confirmation. Using this number, visit the 'Your Computing Account' page to generate a username and password which allows you to access the University’s computer network.

With your login details you can browse the University Library’s online catalogue of print and e-resources. 

As a Continuing Education student, if you choose to study for accreditation you are entitled to request a student card through Liverpool Life (Liverpool Life website). Once enrolled on a course you will receive an email from Liverpool Life  to register on the on the site. Once registered, this will give you access to view and update your student details and to download a student transcript. Liverpool Life also keeps you updated with what’s new in Continuing Education. Your student card, amongst other things, will give you access to the to the libraries and sports centre. 

Many students know that they want to study for credit when signing up for a course. However, we do offer the option for you to do this this once your course has started. Your lecturer will advise you about accreditation and assessment.  If you decide to register to study for credit after enrolment, please complete the  and return it to the CE office with the appropriate fee.

Continuing Education wants to know what you think about our courses. Your course lecturer should distribute evaluation forms at the end of each course but you can also download the  and return it to the CE office electronically, by post or by using the internal postbox outside the CE reception.

If you have a complaint about your experience as a CE student please raise this informally with the CE team. If you wish to take the matter further then please follow this link  for information about how to make a formal complaint. 

You may find the following documents useful, but also use the links in the left hand margin to explore other important University websites: