Liverpool Marine Sciences Symposium Series
An annual meeting on topical areas of Marine Sciences and Climate Change
The 2013 symposium focuses on "Phytoplankton community structure and carbon export” and will take place on Monday 25th March
A series of key note talks on the relevant processes that govern primary production, community structure and carbon export will be given by Dr. Richard Sanders, Dr. Anna Hickman and Prof. Eric Achterberg from Southampton, as well as speakers from Liverpool. A version of the programme with timetable is available .
Please email whether you wish to attend to Lindsay Davies, This meeting is jointly funded by the Research Centre for Marine Sciences and Climate Change via the School of Environmental Sciences, and the National Oceanography Centre.
- The 2012 Meeting focused on “Marine Sciences of Shelf Seas”. Click here to see the details of the talks presented
- The 2011 Meeting focused on "Modelling and statistical methods used in climate change and marine sciences". Click here to see details of the talks presented.
- The 2010 meeting focused on "Climate Change and Energy: A Marine Perspective". Click here for further details of the talks presented.
- The 2009 Liverpool Marine Symposium meeting was held on Thursday 22nd January 2009. Click here to see further details of the talks presented.
- January 2008 - 2 day meeting on "Climate change: the science and the impacts - a Liverpool perspective".
Click here to see further details of the talks presented.
- January 2007 - 1 day meeting on "Climate Change in the Coastal Ocean"
(details here as PDF)
- June 2006 - 1 day meeting on "Nutrient cycling from the open ocean, shelf seas to estuaries"