The ocean plays a crucial role in storing and redistributing heat and carbon over the globe.
Geography and Planning
We have an exciting range of Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes on offer.
Investigate the world-class research activity within our School
London provides an ideal location from which to study the production of the built environment from both an aesthetic and a commercial perspective.
Our world-class facilities will support your research or education.
The role of the ocean and coastal seas is particularly important for climate change. The ocean plays a crucial role in storing and redistributing heat and carbon over the globe. Find out more information about Our Research.
Other news in the department
- 2013-03-21 16:4:00.0 £3M award to study how Northern European seas absorb carbon
- 2012-09-03 9:7:00.0 Research briefing to Prof Carl Wunsch (MIT/Oxford)
- 2012-07-30 8:10:00.0 Research briefing to local MP Esther McVey
- 2011-12-14 12:18:00.0 Professor Thomas Stocker
- 2011-11-09 12:14:00.0 Professors Philip Woodworth and George A. Wolff
- 2011-10-26 12:13:00.0 Marine sciences of the shelf seas
- 2011-10-10 11:59:00.0 The twilight zone in the ocean
- 2011-09-15 11:51:00.0 Ocean dynamics and the carbon cycle
- 2011-03-16 11:46:00.0 Great Cormorants enjoy warmer Arctic seas
- 2011-02-07 11:39:00.0 Science of Climate Change Briefing
- 2010-03-28 11:33:00.0 The International Council for Science (ICSU) has released a statement on the controversy around the 4th IPCC Assessment.