Out of Hours Support
Are you worried about coursework submission dates or managing your workload. Do you need to submit an application for extenuating circumstances or request an exemption from late penalties (ELP)? The university has introduced a number of assessment support measures this academic year and you can find out more here by clicking this link.
University of Liverpool Covid Hub
The University has developed an on-line dedicated covid hub where all of our resources are stored to ensure you have a safe experience. Information includes:
- Booking a test
- Self-isolating guidance
- Travelling abroad
Student Minds have created a dedicated resource for students affected by COVID-19 called Student Space, which offers out of hours phone, webchat, text message and email support. There are a number of resources on mental health and wellbeing with expert information and advice on specific issues including:
- Feeling lonely
- Improving your sleep
- Digital Wellbeing
- Looking after your mental health
- Guidance for those with ongoing mental health difficulties
- Social distancing and self-isolating
- Xenophobia and racism following COVID-19 concerns
- Supporting your friends and family
To contact Student Space you can call free between 3pm and 12am every day on 0808 189 5260 or you can text ‘STUDENT’ to 85258 for 24 hour support
Papyrus is the UK Charity for the prevention of young suicide (under 35). For confidential suicide prevention advice contact PAPYRUS HOPELINEUK on 0800 068 4141 or you can text 07860 039967. They are open 9am-midnight every day of the week.
If you are struggling to cope you can text SHOUT on 85258 24/7 free of charge from any UK mobile network and get confidential advice and support straight to your mobile. They also offer a number of resources including tips on Stress and Anxiety and how to get a better night’s sleep. They also offer a number of Covid 19 resources including how tips for Coping with Lockdown.
- If you are ill, you can contact your GP, or visit a Walk-In Centre or pharmacy. Information and advice on NHS servicesare also available. If you need help now, but it’s not an emergency, visit https://111.nhs.uk/ or call 111.
- If you need to talk to someone in confidence the Samaritanshave a 24 hour line which is free to call: 116 123.
Safe Place Merseyside
SAFE Place Merseyside is the Sexual Assault Referral Centre for the Merseyside area. They offer a service for both women and men who have been sexually assaulted both recently and at any time in the past. For services in other areas of the UK, you can search by location.
Support in a crisis:
- If you require emergencyhelp please call 999
- For anyone experiencing significant mental health difficulties in the Liverpool area and you require immediate help please call the Merseycare Freephone number 0800 145 6570
- If you are on campus and require immediate assistance you can call Campus Support on: 0151 794 3252 (43252 from an internal phone). In an emergency call 0151 794 2222.
- If you are staying in University halls you can get help, support and advice from the hall staff
Please also see our In A Crisis Now? webpage for additional information.