Support for disabled international students

This section provides information about the help and support we can offer disabled international students.

If you have a disability, medical condition or specific learning difficulty it is important that you make contact with Disability Advice and Guidance team before you enter the UK. This will allow time to discuss your support needs and possible support options available to you. 

The services we can offer you will depend on your support requirements and will be discussed with you before your arrival. Examples of support that may be available are:

  • Adapted rooms in our halls of residence
  • Arrangements for examinations, for example, extra time or a private room
  • Liaising with academic departments to ensure that all teaching locations are accessible.

Supporting evidence

You will need to provide relevant supporting evidence, which will need to be written in English. If your evidence is not written in English, we would accept a copy of the original document along with a certified translation of the evidence (it is your responsibility to pay the cost of any translation).

Exchange students

The Study Abroad Team will contact you when we receive your application to discuss your support needs if you disclose a disability.

We would encourage exchange students coming to study in Liverpool to have your support plans from your home university available, as well as a named disability or support officer with who we can communicate, to help make the process quicker and smoother for you. 

Please let us know on your application form if you require support due to a disability, specific learning difficulty (dyslexia, for example) or a long term medical condition.

Personal/social care

Unfortunately, we are unable to arrange and fund any support you require in relation to personal and/or social care.  You will need to make any necessary arrangements prior to coming to the UK.