We are pleased to offer a full range of services for owners of exotic pets, including reptiles, birds, fish, amphibians, rodents, rabbits and exotic mammals. This service is led by our exotics vet Filipe Martinho.
Our students as with all of our services are an integral part of our exotics service, and are present during all consultations and procedures to enhance their learning and train the next generation of exotic animal vets.
Consultations are by appointment and can be arranged by contacting our reception team on 0151 794 5969. To register as a patient you can call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Services available through our exotics service are:
- Soft tissue surgery, both elective and emergency procedures
- Dental care and treatments in our dental suite, including dental x-ray
- Medical investigations (X-rays, ultrasound, ECG, blood pressure monitoring)
- Blood tests including: biochemistry and haematology in house
- Microscopy including skin investigations, cytology, faecal analysis
- External laboratory for more complex investigations and tests including PCR and DNA testing
Cases needing to be admitted for investigations are housed in our dedicated exotics ward, where we have a range of viviaria and kennels to allow us to cater for a range of species and their individual requirements.
We have a range of advice sheets available for a range of species or you can contact us directly.
Referrals and second opinions
We are happy to see cases for both referrals and second opinions. We will need to speak to your usual vet directly to be able to have access to the relevant medical information about your pet.
Referring vets please email email@example.com to contact the exotics service directly.