The Liverpool Neurological Infectious Diseases Course (NeuroID) is an approved 2-day CPD course aimed at clinicians of all grades (including medical students) working in Adult and Paediatric Neurology, Infectious Diseases, Acute Medicine, Emergency Medicine and Medical Microbiology who want to update their knowledge and improve their skills.
The course aims to cover all the common and important logical infections, as well some rarer conditions, with the emphasis very much on practical approaches to the problems encountered on wards and in clinic.
There is also the opportunity to find out about some of the latest brain infections research taking place in the UK.
Hosted at the historic Liverpool Medical Institution, NeuroID provides a fantastic opportunity to network and socialise with colleagues in the field.
Previous years' courses have been a sell-out and we’ve had some brilliant feedback from past attendees.
Highlights of the course include:
- Talks by UK and international leaders in the field
- Interactive case presentations
- Hot topics in logical infections
- Updates on current brain infections research
- Richard T. Johnson 'State of the Art' lecture
- Case presentation competition
- Poster competition
- Course meal
- Early morning guided fun run (optional!)
Topics covered in previous courses include:
- Acute Bacterial Meningitis
- Viral Encephalitis
- Viral Meningitis
- Varicella Zoster Virus CNS Infections
- Neuroradiology of CNS Infections
- Fungal Meningitis
- Cerebral Malaria
- Infectious causes of Dementia
- Lyme Disease
- Intracranial Sepsis
- The Microbiology of CNS Infections
- Cytomegalovirus Infections