Committee on the Progress of Students
Secretary: Sheila Jones, Email: email@example.com
Terms of Reference
- Subject to the provisions of Ordinances and Regulations for taught and research programmes and to the submission, when necessary, of recommendations to provide for the exemption of individual students from the requirements of Ordinances and Regulations:
- To act as a scrutinising and regularising Committee in respect of progress procedures throughout the University.
- To determine appeals made by students against decisions made by a Faculty Progress Committee, normally only on the grounds that they did not receive a fair hearing at the Faculty Progress Committee as a consequence of some procedural irregularity;
Such appeals shall be made in writing to the Chairman of the Committee on the Progress of Students.
- To permit those students whose appeals are allowed to remain in the University to continue their studies subject to such conditions as the Committee may impose.
- To consider and submit recommendations on such matters relating to attendance and progress in studies as may be referred to the Committee by the Senate or as it may wish to initiate.
The Committee on the Progress of Students reports to the Senate.
The quorum for meetings of the Committee on the Progress of Students shall be three members.