We hope you find a course that suits you – whether you are a returning student or dipping your toe into the water for the first time.
University of Liverpool students can find out more about enrolling on our courses by clicking here.
How to Enrol
You need to enrol in advance for all Continuing Education courses but it is a quick and easy process and you can use any of the following methods:
- Online: our online store is the most effective way of securing a place on your chosen course
- Post: complete an Enrolment Form 2017/18 and send it to us with a cheque made payable to the University of Liverpool (payment by credit/debit card cannot be made through the post).
- Telephone: 0151 794 6900 to pay by credit or debit card
The University offers courses at very reasonable prices with discounts for staff, students, alumni and those in receipt of the state pension. We are also delighted to be able to offer concessionary fees for students who receive state benefits with generous support from the John Hamilton Bequest.
Fees: Classroom Based Courses
We have 3 fee bands:
- The 1st fee is the full course fee
- The 2nd fee applies if you are in receipt of state retirement pension, are a full-time student, are member of University of Liverpool staff (paid by UoL) or Alumni
- The 3rd fee applies if you receive any of the following (or are an unwaged dependent of someone who receives any of the following): Jobseekers Allowance, Working Tax Credit, Income Support, Housing Benefit, State Pensions Credit, Employment Support Allowance IR (Income Related), Universal Credit
Proof of entitlement to a concession will be requested each time that you enrol. Please contact us if you are unsure whether or not you qualify for a concession.
Fees: Online Courses
There are no discount or concessionary fee rates for CE’s online courses. However, all online fees automatically include the accreditation fee.
Most of our courses have credit attached to them. This means that you can opt to undertake assessment and gain academic credit. There is a small charge for the assessment /accreditation process (which is non-refundable unless we cancel the course). You can opt for assessment when enrolling on a course or once a course has started.
Choosing the Right Language Course
If you are interested in language courses and are not sure which level to select, the 2016 Self Assessment Grid can help you to gauge the most appropriate course for you.
Cancellation and Withdrawal
If we have to cancel a course because of low enrolments we will always inform you as quickly as possible and a full refund will be given. Refunds are identified on bank and credit/debit card statements as being from the University of Liverpool.
If you find that you have to withdraw from a course, you need to tell us, in writing, a minimum of 7 days before the course start date. No refunds are issued after this date. All refunds are subject to an administrative charge of 10% of the relevant fee.
Declaring a Criminal Conviction
Please see our Criminal Convictions Declaration for further information about declaring a relevant criminal conviction.
More Information about the Student Enrolment Form
The student enrolment form collects information that is required by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) and is used as the basis of our student records. Your date of birth acts as a unique personal identifier on our database and ensures that your details are correct. Information supplied on the form also supports equal opportunities monitoring.
All information supplied is covered by relevant data protection legislation. Continuing Education will only use your name and address to provide you with future information about our courses or events. To keep our records up to date, please advise us of any changes to your contact details.
If you do not wish to receive any future mailings from us, please let us know.