Non Medical Helpers

Support workers at the university are referred to as Non-Medical Helpers (NMH). NMH provide a range of specialist 1:1 support for disabled students based on individual need.  A support worker may be recommended by your Needs Assessor as part of your Disabled Students' Allowance or by your Disability Adviser at the University.  Support workers provide assistance relating to academic studies and do not provide a personal care role.

Non Medical Helper Roles

Non-Medical Helper Roles

Information about the types of Non-Medical Helper roles available

How to access a Non-Medical Helper

How to access a Non-Medical Helper

Information about how to access funding for a Non-Medical Helper and what to expect from a support session