The Physics Effect - 2016 Annual Report
The Department of Physics has published The Physics Effect – a yearly report which showcases a collection of case studies and applicative projects that the Department of Physics at the University of Liverpool has been working on.
In this inaugural issue we focus on a number of exciting projects:
- Compton Cameras
- Gamma-blind Neutron-efficient Detector (GAMBE)
- Fast Read-out Silicon Detectors
We also focus on the work of:
- Dr Laura Harkness-Brennan in Healthcare
- Professor Ken Durose and Dr Jon Major in Solar Energy
- Professor Gianluigi Casse in Proton Therapy
And highlight the contributions of the Physics Technical team and the Outreach work led by Professor Tara Shears in conjunction with CERN and Foundation for Art and Creative Technology (FACT), Liverpool.