Further Job Advertisements
DESY, Zeuthen location, is seeking:
Scientist (f/m) accelerator physics permanent position
DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics.
The Photo Injector Test Facility PITZ in Zeuthen (near Berlin) develops high brightness electron sources for Free Electron Lasers (FELs) like FLASH and the European XFEL. As part of the accelerator R&D program of the Helmholtz Association we additionally work on the ultimate optimization of high brightness electron beams by generating 3D ellipsoidal electron bunches and onbeam driven plasma acceleration experiments.
- Work in one of the leading groups developing and testing photo injectors in a team of physicists and engineers of different nationalities
- Take responsibility in defining, performing and analysing the scientific shift operation at PITZ
- Be in charge for simulation studies, diagnostics hardware and analysis procedures
- Develop innovative concepts, techniques and applications for PITZ and other accelerator facilities
- Excellent university degree in physics or engineering, with PhD
- Deep knowledge in accelerator physics and experience in accelerator techniques and beam dynamics
- Interest in and capability of guiding small teams of PhD students and postdocs
- Good knowledge of English is required as well as the willingness to learn German
For further information please contact Dr. Frank Stephan, email@example.com or +49-33762-77338.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications andassigned duties. DESY operates flexible work schemes. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
We are looking forward to your application quoting the reference code preferably via our electronic application System: Online-Application or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department j Code: EM122/2015
Notkestraße 85 j 22607 Hamburg j Germany j Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
Deadline for applications: Screening of the applications will start mid of October 2015 and continues until the position is filled.