The University’s Stream Lecture Capture service has been upgraded following a comprehensive review and procurement process.
The new system, which was introduced from September 2023, is a leading platform within the Higher Education sector called Panopto.
Stream Lecture Capture was introduced at the University in 2013 and has since been used to record and share more than 85,000 hours of teaching with our University Community. As the system is approaching the end of its working life a project was initiated by IT Services to procure a replacement.
Panopto has been used successfully within the Schools of Medicine and Dentistry since 2020 providing the facility to manage large volumes of multimedia content, create personalised and active learning opportunities as well as monitor engagement.
Other facilities within the new system include:
- Video editing software
- Integration with other essential university systems including Canvas, Zoom and Teams
- An app for mobile devices
- Cloud storage for operational resilience
- User analytics
- Quizzes which can be embedded within videos
- Departmental-focused access to video collections
Staff queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org