- Winner of "The Sir Alastair Pilkington Award for Teaching Excellence".
- Winner of the Faculty Learning and Teaching Award.
- Senior Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy.
- Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering-Signal Processing and Machine Learning.
- M.Sc. degree in Electronic Circuits and Systems Engineering (distinction).
- B.Sc. degree in Electronic and Communications Engineering (first class).
- PGCert in Education.
- IET Chartered Engineer (CEng).
- Joined the Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics at the University of Liverpool as a lecturer in "Electrical Circuits and Power Systems", "Signal Processing and Digital Filtering" (Introduction and Advanced), "Image Processing", "Computer Networks and Security", "Information Theory and Coding" and "MATLAB Programming" since 2011.
- Managed Y2 labs and acted as the Director of Laboratories in the Department.
- Chaired the Faculty of Science and Engineering Academic Quality and Standards Committee.
- Currently, the Director of Student Experience in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics.
- Currently, the Programme Director for Avionic Systems (with Pilot Studies) Programme in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics.
- Worked in industry as well as academia since 1997.