- Winner of "The Sir Alastair Pilkington Award for Teaching Excellence".
- Winner of the Faculty of Science & Engineering Learning and Teaching Award.
- Senior Member of IEEE (SMIEEE).
- Senior Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy (SFHEA).
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) by IET.
- Director of Student Experience in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics.
- Programme Director for Avionic Systems (with Pilot Studies) Programme in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics.
- Chaired the Faculty of Science and Engineering Academic Quality and Standards Committee.
- Acted as the Director of Laboratories in the Department and managed Y2 labs (Y2 Year Master).
- Ph.D. degree holder in Electrical Engineering-Signal Processing and Machine Learning.
- M.Sc. degree holder in Electronic Circuits and Systems Engineering (distinction).
- B.Sc. degree holder in Electronic and Communications Engineering (first class).
- PGCert (or PGD) holder in Higher Education in Learning and Teaching.
- Joined the Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics, University of Liverpool, in Oct 2011 as a lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Signal Processing and Machine Learning. Taught many subjects including: "Electrical Circuits and Power Systems", "Signal Processing and Digital Filtering", "Image Processing", "Computer Networks and Security", "Information Theory and Coding" and "Neural Networks/Machine Learning".
- Promoted to Associate Professor in Oct 2017.
- Worked in industry as well as academia since 1997.
- Current research interests: Image/Signal Processing, Machine Learning/AI, Machine Learning-based IDS, IoT Trust Management, Technology-Enhanced Education and Pedagogical Research.