VPN - Virtual Private Network
A VPN service is available for MWS users to connect remotely to the University network. The VPN can be used to access services which are not normally available off campus.
The VPN software enables your off-campus Internet connection to appear as if you are on a University of Liverpool computer. It does not mean that you can see the desktop of the PC in your office, or provide you with any other interface.
Once the connection is made, use the relevant software to carry out your task, e.g. the web browser on your home computer to navigate to the relevant Library resource.
To find out more, consult the following articles available from the knowledge base in the self-service portal:
- How to access the virtual private network (VPN) service
- How to use the GlobalProtect VPN Client to access the University network (Windows 7/Mac OSX or later)
- How to install the VPN GlobalProtect client on Mac OSX Catalina
- How to install the VPN GlobalProtect client on Mac OSX Mojave
- How to connect to the VPN service using Linux