Desktop computers & laptops using Windows 7 - storing invalid credentials
Windows 7 provides you with the capability to store usernames and passwords to save you having to retype them each time. However if you store an invalid username and password (or change your password!) then this may cause your account to become locked out. To guard against this possibility, please follow these steps.
- Click on the Windows Start button
- In the resulting search box type Credential
- Click on Credential Manager in the list of found items
- In the window that opens, check for any credentials saved for your University accounts - they will appear as livad\username or outlook.liv.ac.uk
Remove any University accounts from the Credential Manager by following these steps:
- Click on the down arrow to the right of the account
- Click Remove from vault
For future reference, be sure NOT to save your credentials if given the option when opening software. For example, if you have an additional Outlook profile set up, do not tick the option to Remember my credentials when prompted by Outlook at logon.