Marco Iuliano is an Italian architetto specialised in History and Theory of Architecture. He has taught in Italy, France, United Kingdom and has been invited to present papers in several countries.
He is the recipient of different grants and has held fellowships at the British Library, the Centre for Architecture Andrea Palladio and the Italian Ministry of University. In 2005 he was also awarded an Italian National Council of Researches (CNR) Postdoc. Between 2005 and 2008 he has been the PI of the Digital Archive funded by the Compagnia di San Paolo for the Archivio Fotografico Parisio, one of the largest Italian architectural image archives.
He is correspondent for the UK of 'Il Giornale dell'Architettura' (Allemandi), has published numerous peer-reviewed articles and is co-author and co-editor of six books: in 2009 one of these has been selected as book of the Year in the Times Literary Supplement.
Before joining LSA, from 2009 to 2012, Marco has taught at Cambridge University, Faculty of Architecture and History of Art. In the department of Architecture at Cambridge he has been the PI of the 'Interactive Vision between Architecture and Photography', a research project funded by the European Commission under the 7th Framework Program and the organiser of two centenary events for the Department of Architecture (1912-2012): the exhibition Cambridge in Concrete. Images from the RIBA British Architectural Library Photographs Collection and, with François Penz, of the international conference 'Still Architecture: Photography, Vision, Cultural Transmission'. He is an affiliated member of the DIGIS, Department of Architecture, University of Cambridge.
- Invitation to the round table (Invitation to Speak, Accademia di San Luca, Rome 2013)
- Invited Speaker (Invitation to Speak, Estorick Collection of Modern Italian Art 2013)
- Visiting Lecturer (Invitation to Speak, University of Cambridge 2013)
- Invited Speaker (Invitation to Speak, University of Cambridge, 42 Martin Centre Lectures: Centenary Series 2012)
- Educational Programme Grant (Competitive Fellowship, Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art 2012)
- Invited Speaker (Invitation to Speak, Alvar Aalto Foundation, Conference: Alvar Aalto Now, Seinäjoki 2012)
- Invited Keynote Speaker (Keynote Speech, Faculdade de Arquitectura da Universidade do Porto 2012)
- Invited Visiting Teacher (Architectural Association School of Architecture, London 2011)
- Invited Speaker (Fondation Le Corbusier, Conference: Centenaire du Voyage d'Orient 2011)
- Marie Curie Research Fellowship (Competitive Fellowship, European Commission, 7th Framework Program 2010)
- Session Chair (Invitation to Speak, University of Westminster, Conference: Emerging Landscapes 2010)
- Best Paper in Urban History (Prize, Università degli Studi Roma Tre 2008)
- J.B. Harley Fellowship (Competitive Fellowship, British Library, National Archives and Royal Geographical Society 2007)
- Post Doctoral Fellowship (Competitive Fellowship, Italian National Council of Research, CNR 2005)
- International PhD Scholarship (Competitive Fellowship, Italian Ministry of University, MIUR 2001)
- Fellowship (Competitive Fellowship, Centro Internazionale di Studi di Architettura Andrea Palladio, Vicenza 2000)
- Academic Career Award (Prize, Università degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II" 1997)
- Research Director, Centre for Architecture and the Visual Arts