My research interests focus on the optimization of novel nanomedicine and traditional formulation for drug delivery based on experimental pharmacological data from in vitro and in vivo models, aiming to improve pharmacokinetics, efficacy and side effects. I am interested in the clarification of the ADME processes involved in drug disposition and the identification of nanoformulation characteristics influencing drug exposure. I am also working on physiologically based pharmacokinetic models to simulate pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in virtual patients.
Prizes or Honours
- Simcyp Academic IVIVE Award - Most Informative Scientific Report (Simcyp Ltd, 2013)
- Young Investigator Award (19th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), 2012)
- Young Investigator Award (18th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), 2010)
- Young Investigator Award (17th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), 2010)
- Best Oral Presentation Award (Italian Conference on AIDS and Retroviruses (ICAR), 2009)
- Best Poster Presentation Award (7th Congresso Nazionale SIMIT, 2008)