NeST workshop on "Network Algorithms @ Liverpool"
Networks Sciences & Technologies (NEST) organised a one day research workshop "Network Algorithms @ Liverpool" on Thursday, 13th of June 2019.
The goal of the workshop was to establish a wider cooperation in algorithmic research and in particular to get views from different perspectives to identify the most essential theoretical and practical challenges that would be important to address in the short and long term future. Τhis workshop is also beneficial in the context of establishing a new Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) on Distributed Algorithms that has been recently funded by EPSRC and will be based in Liverpool.
Paul Spirakis from the University of Liverpool introduced the recently funded CDT on Distributed Algorithms and extended a warm welcome to everyone, which was followed by a set of 20mins talks of leading experts in the field. The invited speakers were:
- Andrew Adamatzky, University of the West of England
- Sayan Bhattacharya, University of Warwick
- George B. Mertzios, Durham University
- Tomasz Radzik, King's College London
- Iain A. Stewart, Durham University
- Amitabh Trehan, Loughborough University
- James Worrell, University of Oxford