I am a Professor of Pure Mathematics, and my main research interests are in dynamical systems and complex analysis.
Since 2020, I hold the Chair of Pure Mathematics at the University of Liverpool that was endowed (as Chair of Mathematics) in 1882 by W. P. Sinclair and the Citizens and Shipowners of Liverpool in 1882.
I received my PhD from the University of Kiel in 2003 and have been at Liverpool since 2006.
Prizes or Honours
- Fellow of the American Mathematical Society (American Mathematical Society, 2017)
- MAA Hasse Prize (2016)
- CMFT Young Researcher Prize (2013 "Computational Methods and Function Theory" conference, 2013)
- Philip Leverhulme Prize (The Leverhulme Trust, 2012)
- Whitehead Prize (London Mathematical Society, 2010)
- Fakultaetspreis der Christian-Albrechts-Universitaet Kiel (Christian-Albrechts-Universitaet Kiel, 2004)