I am a Professor of Pure Mathematics, and my main research interests are in dynamical systems and complex analysis. I also act as Deputy Head of Department for REF, and am the cluster coordinator for the Dynamical Systems group.
I received my PhD from the University of Kiel in 2003 and have been at Liverpool since 2006.
- CMFT Young Researcher Prize (Prize, 2013 "Computational Methods and Function Theory" conference 2013)
- BMC Morning Speaker (Invitation to Speak, British Mathematical Colloquium 2013)
- Philip Leverhulme Prize (Prize, The Leverhulme Trust 2012)
- Whitehead Prize (Prize, London Mathematical Society 2010)
- Advanced Research Fellowship (Competitive Fellowship, EPSRC 2007)
- Fakultaetspreis der Christian-Albrechts-Universitaet Kiel (Prize, Christian-Albrechts-Universitaet Kiel 2004)
- I am currently Deputy Head of Department for the REF and Cluster Coordinator for Pure Mathematics. I am also an elected member of the University Senate for the Faculty of Science and Engineering.