Access to data should be as open as possible, and as closed as necessary.
Sharing your research data may bring many benefits such as:
- Increasing your academic profile by ensuring credit is given to your data as a research output in its own right
- Increasing the visibility and potential impact of research
- Complying with funder's requirements, including making best use of investment by avoiding replication
- Allowing your data to be independently validated and tested
- Gaining attention that may lead to new collaborations and partnerships
- Providing great resources for education and training.
The following pages highlight what you need to consider: