IFAM was originally established in 2011 to support the incoming students from our partner university, XJTLU, who were studying Mathematics and Finance programmes. We now provide teaching and support for hundreds of students each year at undergraduate, master's and PhD levels.
Our team of academics are active researchers, with a diverse range of expertise in the field of financial and actuarial mathematics, securing funding for various projects, and working with international partner universities and industry.
We are an internationally focused Institute. Our international academic team bring a wealth of perspectives and expertise, along with our home and international students. Our early career researchers bring vibrancy to the Institute, and students from all levels are involved in research and events.
Dynamics of Stochastic Processes
The Institute is ranked 8th worldwide among all, non-business, actuarial science departments for its published research. The teaching programmes are accredited by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
The Institute aims to:
- Contribute to society by finding solutions to financial problems and influencing governments and policymakers
- Embrace collaboration and interdisciplinary research within an inclusive and diverse environment
- Become an international hub for actuarial and financial maths collaborations
- Develop the next generation of actuarial and financial mathematicians
- Champion actuarial and financial mathematics as a discipline and profession.