Research Interest 1
• Investigating the potential of regenerative medicine therapies for renal disease
• Developing imaging strategies to monitor renal function
• Developing multimodal imaging strategies to assess the biodistribution and fate of administered cells
• The role of the extra-cellular matrix and biomaterials in regulating stem cell self-renewal and differentiation
• The early stages of mouse embryo development
- Mechanisms of cavitation during tissue development.
- Investigating the ability of embroyonic stem cell derivatives to improve renal function in a murine model of kidney disease - KidRegen - Marie Curie
- In vivo imaging technologies to assess the efficacy and safety of RMTs
- Value in People Award 2005.
- How does DNA fingerprinting work
- Investigating the ability of embroyonic stem cell derivatives to improve renal function in a murine model of kidney disease
- Is the differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells irreversible?
- Stem cell therapy for reflux nephropathy.
- Generation of a sub-clone of the human embryonic stem cell line HES-3 expressing an Oct-4- destabalised GFP reporter
- Mechanisms of cavitation.
- StemTrack: Engineering multifunctional superparamagnetic nanoparticles for long-term stem cell tracking (Dr Arthur Taylor ERG)
- Developing a stem cell based therapy to replace nephrons lost through reflux nephropathy - RENALSTEM
- To investigate the diagnostic and prognostic utility of MIPs in endometrial cancer
- The efficacy and safety of stem cell therapies in mouse models of kidney disease
- Developing a stem cell based therapy to replace nephrons lost through reflux nephropathy. EU - PROPOSAL NUMBER 036097-2 KIDSTEM
- Regenerative Medicine Platform in Stem Cell Safety Science
- Design of synthetic substrates for the differentiation of kidney stem cells.
- Dealkylation of plant sterols during utilization in invertebrates
- CASE studentship: Controlling stem cells with heparan sulfate analogues and polymer scaffolds
- The design and analysis of synthetic substrates for embryonic stem cell culture.
- Phenotypic transitions in environmental stress tolerance: opening the black box.
- BBSRC Research Experience Placement for Lauren Scarfe
- Investigating the potential of mouse kidney-derived stem cells to integrate and improve renal function in a murine model of chronic kidney disease
- Ultrastable targeted multifunctional hybrid nanomaterials for long-term stem cell tracking
- Molecular function in post-genome biology (MOLFUN).
- Enhancing the propagation of ES cells by regulation of visceral endoderm differentiation.
- University of Liverpool Institutional Discipline Bridging.
- Liverpool 3View: a national hub for 3D-EM bioscience research
Novel SPIONs for stem cell tracking
Establishing kidney-derived stem cell lines for toxicology screens
Novel SPIONs for stem cell tracking
Synthetic substrates for stem cell propagation and isolation.
Development of stem cell therapies for the treatment of kidney disease.
Synthetic substrates for stem cell propagation and isolation; Development of stem cell therapies for the treatment of kidney disease.
Development of stem cell therapies for kidney didease.
Collaborator on the following projects:- (i) Mechanisms regulating endoderm differentiation in the mouse embryo; (ii) Role of cell shape in regulating stem cell self-renewal; (iii)development of synthetic substrates for human embryonic stem cell propagation and isolation; (iv) Developing stem cell therapies for kidney regeneration; (v) Role of chaperones in the regulation of STAT3 in mouse embryonic stem cells.