I have expertise in the area of systematic review methodology with specific interest in avoiding waste in research and promoting research integrity. In related research, I also have an interest in journalology (the science of publication practices).
- Bill Silverman Award (Prize, Cochrane Collaboration 2014)
- Thomas Chalmers Award (Prize, Cochrane Collaboration 2010)
- Statistical Editor for The BMJ
- Co-Lead: Hub for Trials Methodology Research Network - Outcomes Working Group
- PhD Student Lead for the Hub for Trials Methodology Research Network
- Research for Patient Benefit Programme (RfPB) Panel Member (North West)
- Teaching co-ordinator for the Department of Biostatistics