The Institute of Translational Medicine at the University of Liverpool offer the MRes in Biomedical Science and Translational Medicine.
Dr Simon Keller leads the Neuroscience strand and offers neuroimaging projects in context of this course.
Recent MRes neuroimaging projects include:
- Dissociating inflammatory and degenerative markers of brain pathology in focal onset epilepsy
- Novel MRI methods to unpick myelin and inflammatory brain changes in epilepsy
- Morphometric MRI and diffusion tractography in the early stages of Parkinson’s disease
- Predicting postoperative outcome using preoperative MRI in refractory temporal lobe epilepsy
- Morphometric MRI and diffusion tractography in genetic generalised epilepsy
- Resting-state functional MRI in focal and generalised epilepsy
- Quantitative MRI in newly diagnosed epilepsy
- Morphometric MRI and diffusion tractography in neuropathic pain
- Correlation between language lateralisation and hemispheric cerebral asymmetry