Chris Kypridemos is a Senior Lecturer in Public Health Informatics & Data Science with expertise in dynamic stochastic microsimulation. Originally from a clinical background, he gained his Master in Public Health from Dundee University with distinction in 2013 and his PhD in Public Health modelling from the University of Liverpool in 2016. He uses data to generate actionable evidence for decision makers through epidemiological and policy modelling. Chris has developed the IMPACTncd microsimulation framework that has been used in England and the US to quantify the effectiveness, cost-effectiveness, & equity of a wide range of interventions and public health policies.
Prizes or Honours
- Paul Dudley White International Scholar at American Heart Association EPI/Lifestyle 2018 Scientific Sessions. New Orleans, Louisiana. 20-23/03/2018 (American Heart Association, 2018)
- Top-three scoring abstract in the Society of Social Medicine conference. Manchester. 06-08/09/2017 (Society of Social Medicine, 2017)
- ‘Public Health Implementation’ prize in the Lancet Public Health conference. London, UK. 24/11/2017 (Lancet Public Health, 2017)
- Invited speaker in the Faculty of Public Health conference (2015)
- Representing University of Liverpool to the 12th International Medical Postgraduate Conference.Hradec Králové, Czech Republic. 26-27/11/2015 (2015)
- Top-three scoring abstract in the Society of Social Medicine conference. Oxford, UK. 10-12/09/2014 (Society of Social Medicine, 2014)