Global mental health; maternal depression and its impact on child development; mental health of children from disadvantaged populations; cultural issues in mental health.
South Asian Hub for Advocacy, Research, and Education (SHARE)
SHARE was originally set up in 2012 through funding by the National Institute of Mental Health as a Collaborative Hub with regional institutions and international partners to conduct and implement innovative health research in South Asia, where limited resource to undertake vital research was identified. It has since evolved into a more equal international partnership to foster research and capacity building to tackle a wide range of challenges to human development across the region and beyond. Read more
Research Group Membership
- Feasibility study for a proposed trial of an evidence-based low intensity psychosocial intervention delivered by lay therapists for asylum seekers and refugees(PROSPER).
- Treating common mental disorders in Congolese refugees in Uganda and Rwanda: Culturally adapting and evaluating the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of community-based sociotherapy
- Cultural adaptation and randomised evaluation of a multi-component school-based intervention for common mental disorder in Pakistani adolescents
- Managing Mental Health within the School Environment
- Multi Centre RCT of a group psychological intervention for postnatal depression in british mothers of south asian origIn - ROSHNI-D.
- An anxiety-focused early prenatal intervention for the prevention of common mental disorders in Pakistan
- Establishing a NIHR Global Health Cohort in Mirpur
- Eastern Mediterranean Partnership to implement the Regional Framework for Mental Health: Going to scale with school mental health.
- Use of Technology in care pathways to improve early intervention and outcomes for school children between the ages of 5-18 with emotional, behavioural and/or neurodevelopmental needs : A Systematic Review
- Psychosocial and nutritional predictors of child mental health: longitudinal study of shared and distinctive risk and protective factors in UK & India. MRC-ICMR
- A multicomponent intervention to reduce home-exposure to second-hand smoke (SHS) during pregnancy and postnatal period: Feasibility study and pilot trial. MRC-DBT
- Research Fellow for research into socio-cultural issues in mental health: improving access to pyschological therapies for disadvantaged groups.
- Health Services Academy links for research and training
- Parent-mediated intervention for Autism Spectrum disorders (ASD) in South Asia
- South Asian Hub for Advocacy, Research & Education on mental health (SHARE)
- Perinatal Depression Treatment and Child Development: A follow-up of the Thinking Healthy Programme.
- A collaboration to develop a research programme to promote early childhood development and psychosocial well-being of Pakistani children
- Refugee mother baby therapeutic project
- Impact of Perinatal Depression Treatment on Child Developmental Outcomes: A long-term follow-up of the Thinking Healthy Programme-Peer-Delivered (THPP) intervention cluster randomised controlled trial (SHARE-child) - NIH R01
- Increasing access and engagement with drug and alcohol services for hard to reach groups in Liverpool