Dr Lucy Bosworth MEng(Hons), PhD, FHEA
Tenure Track Fellow Eye & Vision Sciences
- +44 (0)151 794 9009
- Work email Lucy.Bosworth@liverpool.ac.uk
My research is focused on the development of innovative biomimetic scaffolds using state-of-the-art electrospinning technologies to repair and regenerate tissues of the eye. I am particularly interested in creating scaffold architectures that closely mimic the structure of natural tissues to induce appropriate cell phenotype.
My background includes development of electrospun hierarchical scaffolds to mimic the structure of tendons. This patented device is to be trialled in a first-in-man clinical study in collaboration with the University of Manchester. Prior to academia, I worked in the medical device sector as a R&D scientist (DePuy CMW, Johnson & Johnson) and production scientist (Biocompatibles Ltd).
Prizes or Honours
- Joseph Wang Award, ‘Outstanding young researcher in the field of nanomaterials’ (Science Letters Journal, 2015)
- Larry Hench Young Investigator Award ‘Outstanding and innovative contributions in the field of biomaterials’ (UK Society of Biomaterials, 2013)
- Best Research Fellow Paper – oral presentation (The International Symposium of Ligaments & Tendons (ISL&T-XII), San Francisco, USA, 2012)
- Regional Winner (Northwest) (Biotechnology YES (Young Entrepreneurs Scheme), 2010)