My research focuses on invertebrate life-history evolution in natural and model systems. I use field-based experiments and lab-based microcosm studies to try and understand how the interaction between the environment and individual level and population level processes shape the evolution and diversity of life-history strategies within natural populations.
Prizes or Honours
- ASAB Easter meeting, best talk prize (ASAB, 1996)
- W.G. Rathbone Scholarship (University of Liverpool, 1993)
- Ellis prize for Animal Behaviour & Sociobiology (University of Liverpool, 1993)
- Visiting Researcher, CER, Kyoto University (CER, Kyoto University, 2011)
- NERC Post-doctoral fellowship (Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), 2005)