Opportunities for International Students
If you have enthusiasm for research and access to your own funding, you can apply to study for a PhD or MPhil in the Institute of Integrative Biology. This allows you to follow your own research programme with supervision and guidance from academic staff in IIB.
A fees bursary (for all tuition and research fees) may be available.
To find out whether we can offer you supervision for PhD/MPhil studies in your area of interest, look at the Research and Staff web-pages. You can make contact by email with relevant members of academic staff to enquire whether they could supervise your research.
The next step is to make a formal application for PhD or MPhil study, stating your research area and the name of your proposed supervisor within IIB.
We also welcome students from the following programmes:
Ciência sem Fronteiras - Reino Unido (CsF), Brazilian Scientific Mobility Programme
The programme is applicable to Brazilian nationals only. We offer projects within the Health and Biomedical Science, Information Technology, Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology priority areas. Successful candidates should then apply for the funded Scholarship from the Science without Borders (Ciencia Sem Fronteiras) programme.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or see some of the specific opportunities listed below.
- Genome analysis of the liver fluke Fasciola hepatica
- Epidemiology of leptospirosis in rats in the favelas of Salvador, Brazil
- Functional genomics of the drought-tolerant biomass crop Agave sisalana
- Developing and applying computational methods to understand the genetics of ageing
- Quantitative proteomics and the bioinformatics of drug induced hypersensitivity reactions
- An integrated approach to function annotation in an enzyme superfamily
- Identification of transcript features which impact of gene expression
- Molecular and Structural analysis of the mechanosensory signaling pathways of muscle
- Establishing a Universal Method to Predict Impacts of Oxygen Depletion on Aquatic Biota
- The Diversity of Respiratory Gas Transport Mechanisms in Fishes and its Use for Aquaculture
- New life-extending, health-preserving drugs
Mahidol University, Thailand
There is a programme to fund outstanding graduates from Mahidol for doctoral study at University of Liverpool.