Paul Wigley is Professor of Avian Infection and Immunity. His research focuses on bacterial infections of poultry and the avian immune system and in particular intestinal immunity. We work in three key areas:
1. The biology of the foodborne bacterial pathogens Salmonella and Campylobacter and their control in the chicken.
2. Bacterial pathogens of poultry including APEC and Salmonella Gallinarum
3. The avian intestinal microbiome and gut health
- Pilkington Award for Excellence in Teaching Innovation (Prize, University of Liverpool 2007)
- Health and Safety Lead Leahurst Campus
- IGH representative Faculty Impact Group
- Member of Animal Welfare Committee