Research Interest 1
I am actively involved in research, teaching, consultations and CPDs, mostly on molecular immunopathogenesis, diagnosis, control and prevention of poultry diseases, in particular infectious respiratory diseases.
My research focuses on molecular immunopathogenesis of avian respiratory pathogens, particularly infectious bronchitis (IBV) and avian metapneumovirus (aMPV/APV)viruses. In addition, we study the potential interactions between live viral vaccines of IB, aMPV/APV and Newcastle disease (NDV) viruses.
The other research activity is to improve diagnosis of respiratory pathogens by conventional and molecular methods, including the use of RT-PCR and sequencing for aMPV/APV subtypes or IBV genotypes.
I also have extensive experience with research, diagnosis, control and prevention of avian mycoplasmas, in particular Mycoplasma gallisepticum (Mg) and Mycoplasma synoviae (Ms).
I have served as poultry consultant to broiler, layer and breeder farms in Asia. I have extensive experience in poultry management, flock health programme, biosecurity and on matters related to vaccine and vaccination. Often, I have been asked to conduct auditing on vaccine and vaccination schedules/protocols, as well on farm biosecurity.
- Improving the understanding on the epidemiology, immunopathogenesis and diagnosis of poultry respiratory pathogens for a better control strategies worldwide
- Surveillance in backyard poultry in Oman for select agents of poultry - Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza virus and Newcastle Disease virus.
- Basim Mohmed Manswr - Bench Fees
- Epidemiology of AI and NDV in Oman
- In vitro and in vivo immune responses to infectious bronchitis virus
- Faez Awad bench fees
Epidemiology of avian influenza and Newcastle disease viruses in the backyard flcoks in Oman.