Research Interest 1
My research interests are in the immunology and control of neosporosis caused by Neospora caninum – a protozoan parasite causing abortion in cattle; and the immunoepidemiology of Fasciola hepatica, a trematode parasite and a major cause of production losses in sheep and cattle and an emerging and serious zoonosis in some developing countries.
Research Group Membership
- Bench fees for SHAMSUL BAHRIN BIN GULAM ALI
- Development of a pen-side diagnostic test for fluke infection in sheep and cattle
- Improving the control of liver fluke infection in cattle in the UK
- The epidemiology of liver fluke in dairy farms
- Quantitative PCR for investigating gene expression response to challenge by environmental change, pathogen infection or neoplasia.
- Vaccines against helmiths infections - PARAVAC
- Summer Research Project relating to the development of pen-side tests for fluke diagnosis based on antigen detection
- The Bovine Monocyte-derived Macrophage Response Following Co-stimulation with Antigens Derived from Fasciola hepatica and Mycobacterium species: Does Fluke Infection affect Macrophage responses to Mycobacteria?
- Mapping triclabendazole resistance in Fasciola hepatica using next generation sequencing technologies
- DELIVER- Transfer from Aberystwith Contract Ref Food CT02005-023025
- Innovative and Sustainable Strategies to Mitigate the Imact of Global Change on Helminth Infections in Ruminants - GLOWORM