Public & Patient Involvement Panel
The Institute of Infection and Global Health (including the NIHR Health Protection Research Unit in Emerging and Zoonotic Infections) established a Public Involvement Panel in 2015.
Chaired by Dr Dan Wootton (IGH) and Kath Charters (Lay Member) the panel is a way for our researchers to access the valuable input of patients and the public into their work.
Meetings are held held twice a year with the aim of:
- Providing a new pair of eyes for research ideas
- Helping researchers to write lay summaries
- Reviewing applications to funders that require public involvement
- Helping researchers present their research in an easy to understand manner
Our panel of 20 members has a wide range of backgrounds and interests including:
- Gastrointestinal Infections
- Respiratory Infections
- Animal Health
- Meningitis and Encephalitis
- Antibiotic Resistance
- Food Safety
For more information please contact Dr Daniel Neil.