Liverpool is popular with students from all over the world, with over 4,000 students from 150 countries studying at the University. The Institute of Infection and Global Health has approximately 40 overseas postgraduate students at any one time and includes doctors, vets and basic scientists undertaking PhD, MPhil and MD studies. Much of our research is interdisciplinary and we work with a vast range of partners internationally. As well as supporting international students coming to the Institute there are also increasing opportunities for students to work and study overseas.
Students are supported by a variety of means such as project grants awarded to supervisors and scholarships awarded to students by their home countries. In addition the University of Liverpool and the Institute of Infection and Global Health has partnered with several international institutions to provide funded opportunities for postgraduate study.
- Scholarship Opportunities for Outstanding Graduates from Mahidol University
- RIKEN (Japan)
- A*STAR (Singapore)
- CIC BioGune and CIC BiomaGUNE, (Bilbao, Spain)
- Chulalongkorn University (Thailand)
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- Wellcome Trust Master's and Doctoral Training Fellowships
- NIMHANS (Bangalore, India)
- University of Szeged