We're bringing science to the Liverpool Giants
The University of Liverpool's Festival of Ideas | 25-26 July
The University of Liverpool is celebrating the spectacular return of Royal de Luxe’s Giants with a Festival of Ideas – two days of free events giving a unique perspective on the University’s global contribution to the arts and sciences.
The Institute of Infection and Global Health is proud to be taking part in 'The Science of War' - a free, interactive drop-in event featuring an array of fun and inspiring science activities from across the University.
Agents of F.L.U. reporting for duty
Come and visit our Agents of F.L.U. stand to learn all about the flu virus and the work we are doing to fight it!
• Find out about the Spanish flu, one of the deadliest natural disasters in human history that erupted during the final stages of the First World War.
• Make your own Influenza pom-pom model
• Play our addictive virus-monster mash game
• Look down a microscope at flu-infected tissue
• Learn how good hand hygiene can reduce the spread of infection
• Find out about some of the Institute’s current influenza research
Plus we'll be running a competition with your chance to win some GIANTmicrobes® furry flu characters!
Venue and timings
We'll be at 'The Science of War' event at the University's Central Teaching Labs at the following times:
Friday 25 July | 2pm-5pm
Saturday 26 July | 10am-2pm
Visit the Festival website to download a full programme and venue map.
We hope to see you there!